How to Buy Litecoin – Step by Step guide
Currencies of several nations can be used to buy LTC. You can purchase them by using USD, EUR, CNY, GBP etc.
Popular exchanges to buy LTC
There many exchanges to buy Litecoin. You could try them. All of them are quite reliable and only variation is in the service and transaction fees.
- Bitfinex – Supported pairs are LTC/USD
- Binance –
- Bittrex – Supported pairs are LTC/BTC, LTC/USDT, LTC/ETH
- Livecoin– Supported pairs are LTC/BTC, LTC/USD.
- Poloniex – Supported pairs are LTC/BTC, LTC/USDT, LTC/XMR
- Kraken – Supported pairs are LTC/BTC, LTC/USD, LTC/EUR.
- BitStamp -Supported pairs are LTC/BTC, LTC/USD, LTC/EUR.
- Bitsquare – Add your national currency or cryptocurrency and get started.
- Coincut – Online exchange supporting GBP bank transfer for LTC, BTC, and XMR.
Buy Litecoin on Coinbase
10 million users and $ 50 billion traded, makes Coinbase the safest and the cheapest way to buy LTC, Available in 32 countries, but it is not available in countries like India.
It is quite simple to do so:
- Register an account at Coinbase.
- Configure your bank account.
- Transfer your national currency into your Coinbase wallet.
- Exchange your currency for Litecoin.
Buy Litecoin on Changelly
The other option is Changelly. Here you can not only buy LTC, you can also exchange LTC with other crypto-currencies like Adtoken, Mysterium, Salt, Monaco, Confound.it, Metal etc. Changelly has a very modest and flat exchange fee of 0.5%. They do not have any hidden charges or fees etc.
There is only 2 step process to do so:
- Your Litecoin address
- Bitcoins/other altcoins to exchange for Litecoin.
Buy Litecoin on Shapeshift:
Though little complicated and with a whole lot of intricate fee structure, Shapeshift is quite transparent and easy to use. The process of purchasing a LTC is quite similar to Changelly.